Wednesday, April 17, 2013

katie and brent

I haven't posted in forever, I know. There are many reasons for this, many of which follow the ever-present theme of busy-ness. another reason is that life has been so great and horrible all at the same time and it's hard to feel and wrestle with both emotions so intensely. the great parts of life have been all the fun things we're up to around here. kids are happy, we've done a couple triathlons and whatnot, jobs are going well, life is good. the horrible has been the death and dying. there's nothing that I can write here that can honorably sum up either Katie or Brent or their deaths. The facts are that their deaths were rough, they were un-related, they came so close together, and they both affected Blake's group of guy friends so much. Brent's memorial was wonderful. Katie's is this weekend and I know it's going to be amazing too. The world is a little worse off without them.

It gets you to thinking about all the loss in the world. The boston marathon bombing has been rough as well; I think because although we don't run marathons, both Blake and I run, so it's hit a little close to home. Later this month will be the third anniversary of my cousin's death as well. It's kind of easy to be depressed, and hard to write about how great life is, although really, life has been so great.

So this is my sad, mournful post. Next I'll post pictures of tulips and maybe Easter and other fun, wonderful things. But I also wanted to recognize the loss, and ask for your prayers for Blake, for Ryan, Ryan, Kennedy, Michal, all the boys, and all the families. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... even without experiencing the losses you have, I still understand the good-yet-bad down and up feeling. I'll pray for your friends and their families.
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete