- All names are between 4 and 7 (inclusive!) characters long. None are 6 characters long.
- All names start with consonants. None of the four starting consonants are the same.
- We think we're using the most common spelling of each of the names. The exception might be the girl's first name, which I'm just not sure about. But, there are no normal names like "Heidi" where we decided to spell it "Hydee" or something crazy like that. No intentional craziness. :)
Hints about the girl middle name:
Here's how Danielle guessed the girl's middle name: She walked in to my office and told me I was driving her crazy with guessing! I said, "start w/ the girl's middle name, it's the easiest." My boss says, "oh, I'll help" and proceeds to rattle off 10 or so random but common girl middle names. I said, "yep, it was one of those." Danielle returns a little while later and says, "it's xxxxxx; I recognized it as your xxxxxx's name and I just checked the scrabble score." I said, "yep, you're right!"
What should you take from this story?
- It's such a common name that my boss happened to rattle it off.
- Danielle recognized it as a family name. This is impressive of Danielle, but also lets you know it's not a crazy 7-times-removed relative. It's somebody Danielle has met.
- Danielle and I do not work at work. Just kidding. We do. In fact, after I write this post, I'll probably make the final edits to our employee handbook. yippee. now you know why I'm procrastinating by blogging instead.
Names that have been guessed but are not winners:
- Brice
- Barrett
- Thalasa
- Anippe
- Indeah
- Lukas
- Nicolas
- Travis
- Trevor
- Tallulah
- Acacia
- Kite
- Marauder
- Vanity
- Board
- Lead
- Fisher
No comments:
Post a Comment