Alright, I realize it's been awhile since I've posted. sorry about that, I've been a little busy! So what have I been up to?
On Tuesday, May 18 we went to another twins class at the UW, this one was titled Labor Prep with Multiples. If we were taking the whole series in order, it would be the class before the one that we took last time. But, since I tutor on Tuesdays and Blake has class, we just go when we can! Last week blake's class was moved to Thursday and one of my kids cancelled, another I was able to reschedule, and the third... well, he's doing alright in math so I just cancelled on him! Anyways, the class was good. We learned about different stages of labor and how it differs slightly for twins. mostly it's a normal labor for twin A, and then twin B slips out (okay, there's still pushing, but it's supposed to be a breeze if twin B stays head down since you've already fit one baby out). Then placenta, placenta and voila! There's not much time between Baby A and Baby B (even less w/ a c-section obviously) but I think it would be neat if the first was right before midnight and the second right after so they'd have different bdays. :)
On Wednesday, I went in for my 1-hr glucose test. apparently gestational diabetes is more common for twin moms because it's the placenta that gets all confused and might make you diabetic, so if you've got two in there - more chance for confusion. So in I went. The test itself wasn't that bad, the juice was not carbonated and didn't taste nearly as bad as I'd heard it would. Later that evening I got the news: less than 140 is good, greater than 200 is bad, in between is go-take-another-test. my number was 159. awesome. and the other test? it's a nice 3 hour test, fasting beforehand, and 4 blood draws. cool.
so on Friday the lab opened up at 7:30 and I was there a few minutes later. I don't work on Wednesday mornings so that test hadn't been a problem, but it's a little rough to take 3 hours off of work on a Friday, so I brought a laptop with me. no internet, but I was able to get some other things done, even though I had to shut down, pack up, get my blood drawn, go find another plug and place to sit, and set everything up again several times. then I waited. I didn't hear results Friday evening so I had to wait all weekend! Perhaps I should have just been cool, but I had done some reading on gestational diabetes and decided I would pass thank you very much! Plus, I did not want to be told no brownies or ice cream right before my birthday!
Fortunately, Monday morning my results came in and I don't have it. My last reading after a night and 3 hours of fasting came in low and my doc told me to make sure I eat at least every 3 hours or my blood sugar will be too low. So ha! That really made my Monday.
The weekend was also quite full! We had Jackie's bachelorette party, I bought my chair, and I discovered my first stretch marks! oh the joys of life! but, you'll have to wait to hear about those bits of fun and about the babies some other time because Mom is here and we're off to run some errands.
No comments:
Post a Comment