Yesterday the church staff had a baby shower for me. We played Baby Bingo and everyone gave me advise (some of the best advise came from the guys in fact), and then they revealed gifts hidden by an umbrella (get it, shower, haha). And by gifts, I mean diapers. when we carried them all down to the car at the end they wouldn't all fit in the trunk, they had to do some overflow into the back seat! So I now own A LOT of diapers. but the amazing thing is how many diapers we've been told we'll go through each day. We've heard anywhere between 10-16 diapers per day per kid at the beginning. So per week that's... wait, what, say that again? oh yes, 140-224 diapers per week. oh my.
last night we also got together w/ blake's parents to celebrate my birthday a few days early. we went to sages, which I love, and I extra-love going in a group because then you can order a bit more! we had the bruchetta (yum yum) to share and then blake and I split a bowl of their tomato soup (this is no average tomato soup) and the "wife's favorite" pasta dish. so yummy. then we went back to our place and opened gifts - they gave me both sets of bedding!!!! (in future birthdays I might want things for me, but I've told anybody who asks that I'm 110% okay w/ baby gifts for this year!) blake hadn't seen both the bedding sets in person (just online) so it was super fun and super crazy! we're having two babies and this is what their cribs will look like! I'm very excited. So excited I called my family and said, okay, bring the cribs over! (now that the futon's gone we have room, and now that we have bedding they'll look cute!) we decided it would work better if they brought them on Sunday, but I was that excited. and I also received the Sneeches and other stories, which I read aloud immediately upon opening. (I mean, how could you just open the sneeches and put them aside?) I also read the stories about the 20-something Daves - remember that one? Later that night blake read the ones about the scary green pants and the north-going and south-going people who wouldn't move for each other when they met up and were in each others' ways.
I keep getting asked what I'm looking forward to about being a parent. Reading stories is definitely on the looking-forward-to list...
Reading time is one of our favorite things in this house!! :D Madeleine just LOVES reading since I started her with it when she was a newborn and I've even taught her how to turn the pages so she can help. You're going to have so much fun reading to the new babies!
ReplyDelete