Friday, February 4, 2011

workin' out

pretend I posted this last night. that's when I started writing it.

If I had written this post at 2 pm it would have begun like this: "O. M. G. I am SO amazing. I am an all star." etc. I was pretty impressed with myself.

If I had written this post at 3 pm it would have gone like this: "O. M. G. I am SO sore. It hurts to move, I will never move again." etc.

And if I were to not write this post until, say, Valentine's Day, it would go like this: "Blake is the most incredibly amazing husband ever."

So what did I do today (yesterday)?

Well, it starts with Blake being awesome, because it starts with sleep. Blake took the babies all night last night. Why? Because at 5:30 am I woke up to pump and get ready so that by 6:30 I was meeting Brianne and buying myself a nice little punch card at the Redmond Pool (which has reopened under new ownership). Ah but wait, I skipped a part of my day - while pumping I signed Blake and I up for the RainMan Triathlon. Yep, for Christmas Jackie got me a USAT (T for triathlon) membership and my goal is to get back into it. Progress prior to yesterday: none. But, I have multiple awesome supportive friends, and Brianne has been motivating me to start swimming with her again, so yesterday I finally did it.

As if that was not enough to impress you (and really, I was impressed with myself the night before when I shaved my legs) I also took the babies on a walk yesterday all by myself (sorta). Where did you walk, Dana, and why sorta? Well, I'll tell you.

Earlier this week somebody posted on EMOMs that they wanted to walk with someone around Redmond Ridge. And somebody else said, "Join me for a walk around Kirkland on Thursday at noon." So I joined them! Packed up the babies, packed up our new fancy Bob stroller into the trunk (which includes taking off all three wheels), and drove to Kirkland. We met near the intersection of Park St & Lake St and we walked along Lake all the way down to Carillon Point and back. It was like 4 miles (according to the mom leading the walk, I can't estimate distances myself). 4 miles, 4 moms, 8 babies. we were pretty funny looking.

if you're still waiting for the impressive part, that was it. insert applause here. blake gets applause too because he knew I would be tired so he came home from work half an hour early and watched the babies while I napped before tutoring (he then got his own turn napping while I tutored). pretty awesome and supportive husband I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment