Friday, April 15, 2011

and the winner is...

Snailee

I myself was torn between Snaylee and Snailee, and for awhile there they were tied for votes. Snaylee is closer to Kaylee after all, but "Snay" just seems like not the greatest sound - makes you want to say it all nasal-y. But snails are cute... but I was torn. So I'm glad you all decided for me. If you feel strongly toward Snaylee you may spell it that way. :) it is only one letter different anyway.

Ethan's nickname is sort of leaning toward Eth (like Ethan, but truncated before the "ann"). My mom was voting that should be spelled Ethe. I'm not sure. I'm also not sure it's his nickname. Snailee got her nickname organically, w/o trying, it just happened. I think it would be fun for Ethan to also have a nickname that evokes images of small slimy things, but none have arisen. :) thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. How about Guy Smilie, or Mr. Smiles? He sure is a happy kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - having it come up either because you say it a lot (Eth) or because it is a trait of his personality is better than brainstorming over one. Aiden got his 'Bear' because we called him 'baby bear' a lot when he was tiny and then as he got bigger we dropped the baby. So we call him 'bear' often. Morgan got hers early on because she tilts her head SO far to one side and nearly almost all the way around sometimes (it's freakish!) and she has those big eyes so it was natural to call her 'Owlie' :)

    ReplyDelete