caleb, jackie, and dave were going for a bike ride around then and met up at our townhouse since it's right near the trail, so we hung out for a few minutes, and then the kiddos and I played. then blake came home, babies napped, we packed, babies woke up, jackie and dave stopped by for a few minutes on the way back from their bike ride, and after they left, kaylee had a melt down. she just screamed, and screamed, and screamed. we tried all the things she loved, and she was so upset. it was very sad, and very stressful because she was acting like she was in pain, not like she was just tired or cranky or something. we gave her tylenol, put her in the carrier (which she hated instead of loving like usual), gave her a bath, changed her diaper a couple times (she has a diaper rash), let her play w/ this electronic cat which she both loves and is afraid of, we tried all sorts of things. then she decided she was happy again, and we had a picnic dinner outside on the trail... just sitting there wondering what had set her off.
came back home, and blake started putting the kiddos to bed, while I switched back into paint clothes to do the final round. I did a coat on all the new stripes and was starting to remove some tape before starting on another coat when blake called. kaylee had had another "episode" and he'd gotten her to sleep afterward, but it made him call the consulting nurse. who was concerned about her diaper rash and said we had to go into urgent care that night. even though she was already asleep! so since I had the carseat-car, I came home, we gathered all of kaylee's favorite things up, and then we woke her up. blake and I both wanted to take her, but he wanted to take her so much I let him. he said she was just fine waiting in urgent care, very happy watching the fish.
she is fine, but we now have instructions to not use wipes while changing her diaper (wash her in the sink or a bath instead), and to use three different cremes when changing her diaper, and no baby powder. they think her diaper rash is some sort of infection, and they wanted us to come in that night because if the infection spread it could get bad really fast, so they wanted to see it.
ethan is just a happy little camper, and kaylee's been a happy camper since. so all is well. apparently this painting project will be a four day project, but hopefully we'll finish up tonight after blake comes home from work.
anyway, here are some pictures of the almost-final room that blake took after adding the stripes w/in stripes.
originally we were going to paint a dark blue horizontal stripe btwn the light blue and yellow. but when i took the tape off, I decided I actually preferred it white. this was awesome, because it meant we eliminated a step! it's slightly a bummer though, because if we'd planned on that from the beginning, I would have taped more carefully, and prob used a slightly wider tape. but oh well, it is not worth buying white paint and fixing.
this concludes this splurt of posts about painting. hopefully soon I'll have something say about moving!
That looks amazing - great job everyone! Sad for Kaylee I am glad she's on the mend and the rash clears up!
ReplyDeleteThat is bananananas. Looks awesome.
ReplyDeleteDana- that is AMAZING! What a cute room! Good job to all. Bummer on the rash, poor baby.
ReplyDelete-Lisa