Tuesday, April 10, 2012

10 on 10

10 on 10 is a thing that bloggers do. and by bloggers, I mean, my friends that are bloggers and apparently some other people. You can check it out and find more about it here, on the site that started it all. The basic idea is that on the 10th of the month you take 10 pictures, one each hour for 10 consecutive hours. I've never done it before because I generally don't realize it's the 10th until too late. I probably won't remember in the future either, but today I went swimming with my friend Brianne (at 6:30 am), and after our swim (at 8:00am) she snapped a picture for her 10 on 10 post. and I said to myself, "self, you should do that today." so I did, sorta. I mean, I got 10 pictures of today, and I aimed for on the hour... we'll just call it close enough. :)

anyways, enjoy my 10 on 10 set!

8:00 am (technically 8:21)
when I came home from swimming the kids were playing on the rocking horse we picked up at the EMOMs consignment sale ($8!) and gave them for Easter. Ethan was doing side-saddle for awhile, and here he's trying a different technique.

9:00 am (technically 9:47 am)
time for an adventure! we're off to farrel mcwhirter park. it's actually very near our house, but we've never been. the weather's good and the EMOMs recommended it, so we're going to try it!

10:00 am (technically 10:27 am)
checking out the chickens. there were also pigs, a rooster, a cow, sheep, goats, a turkey, a cat, bunnies, etc. the kids got to pet a sleeping pig. :)

11:00 am (technically 11:07 - pretty close that time!)
on our way out of the park we did some running around on the grass. here kaylee's running w/ her tongue out, just like blake - it cracks me up!

nap time (technically 1:53 pm)
kids are sleeping. I did some work (seemed inappropriate to show screen shots of me emailing about HR things) and then I had a little lunch of egg-salad which I made with these easter eggs. then I wrote my most recent blog post until the kids woke up.

3:00 pm (technically 3:10 pm)
during the nap my camera flash apparently died again for no good reason I can tell. so from here on out most of my pics are blurry and/or dark. but I thought this was an okay waking up from nap-time picture.

4:00 pm (technically 4:07 pm)
mommy, I am hungry. I am standing by my high chair saying, "sna? sna? sna?" please stop taking pictures and feed me a snack.

6:00 pm (technically 5:48 pm)
blake came home and took the kids for a run. I noticed that the tree I've been suspecting may be a cherry tree in our backyard is indeed a cherry tree and started to bloom just this morning!

7:00 pm (technically 6:37 pm)
blake is back. we're having a nice dinner out on our deck with our new hand-me-down deck furniture from my parents (and recently repainted by danielle) Thanks guys!

9:00 pm (technically 9:11 pm)
I tutored for an hour and a half and blake put the kids to bed. Except then Ethan got up. So Blake found a kids computer game and was teaching Ethan how it works. It's very rare for Ethan to wake up after he's gone to bed and we've never let him "play" a computer game before, so this was a special treat. Now he's back in bed and sleeping soundly.
So that's my day! Check out my friend Jo's day here and my friend Brianne's day here. Or, check out lots more here!

2 comments:

  1. I love 11:00! :) Thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun idea and I'm totally going to try it if ever there is a 10th where I can be with my camera for most of the day (uhh... maybe maternity leave!). Also, I think you should experiment with manual mode to compensate for the lack of flash (although that naptime picture is perfect as is!) :)
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete