Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter & Egg Hunts!

Happy day-before-Easter Everyone!

Seeing as how this is a blog about my kiddos, for pre-Easter I will share pictures of some of the kiddos' pre-Easter activities!

First off: The EMOMs Egg Hunt
Overall, this was a lot of fun. There was a bunny (an older twin or maybe the older sibling of a twin, I'm not sure) and lots of crafts and snacks at the beginning, and then we split into age-appropriate egg hunts. Being 19 months, our kids went to the 0-24 month egg hunt. audria's kiddos, who were 21 months, were much cooler and went to the 24-?? egg hunt. They totally made the right call! We had done some egg hunt rehearsals at home (with eggs filled with 2 goldfish crackers each - a big hit), and the 0-24 month egg hunt was more of an egg pick-up. just a room with eggs on the floor. There were however two cars (exactly like the ones we have at home, but one was a different color) and the kids were more interested in those. :) But, Audria said her kids were more interested in the playground (the older egg hunt was outside) so... perhaps we wouldn't have been interested in eggs regardless. But still, definitely fun, and free! (we had to provide 24 stuffed eggs beforehand, but all the food and crafts were free and we took home more than 24 eggs because apparently some kids didn't show).

this is our best easter bunny pic.

the next one looked like this, and the next one, had we taken it, would have showed kaylee crying. they (and especially kaylee) are not easter bunny fans.

but the easter bunny did give out fun little pin-wheels. fun to eat...

and there were bunny ears to wear. and temporary tattoos (hard to see, but there's one on kaylee's hand there)


and the egg hunt. we started off by putting a few eggs in our baskets...

but very soon, we were just interested in the cars.

well, with breaks for eating chocolate with the foil wrapper still on of course!

soon most other kids had cleared out. there were still PLENTY of eggs...

and the easter bunny came to visit.

but really, we were just interested in the cars. :)

Next up, the Gymboree Egg Hunt
Our gymboree membership was just for a month, and I figured that meant the month of March. But apparently it meant March 7 (the first day of our class) to April 6. So we went to class on Tuesday of this week and they told us that, instead of Open Gym on Friday, they were having an egg hunt! It was free and we weren't doing anything, so we signed up! These eggs were slightly hidden (some on the floor, some in tunnels, some under blocks, etc) but they were mostly empty. This time we were in the 10-22 month age group. I guess in each age group there was one non-empty egg that contained a paper that got you a free month of gymboree. That would have been cool of course, but we didn't find that egg. :) At the end, each kid got to take home one prize - I avoided the sugar items, and we went for glowing braclets. The kids thought they were pretty neat.

--also, the picture quality is about to decrease here. After the EMOMs egg hunt blake put the camera on top of the car and left it there when he drove off. So... it was in the shop for awhile and these next pics are with the old camera. they don't look THAT bad, but that's because I didn't post the crazy blury or grainy ones. But, it makes me love and appreciate my new camera even more... --







gymbo the clown was there and kaylee was less scared than I would have predicted. I think here she's thinking, "hey, you look an awful lot like that teacher lady that I saw earlier..."

yes, ethan's pants are sort of falling off here. right before gymboree we went to the grocery store and I gave the kiddos fruit squeezes as we walked back to the car. ethan spilled his applesauce all over his pants and whoops, there were no pants in the diaper bag! (well, there were, but not that would fit him anymore, I guess we need to update our back-up clothes in the diaper bag). So I swung through a consignment store that was nearby, and picked him up another pair of jeans for $3. apparently the waist was a little big, because they kept almost falling off!


after the egg hunt there was a circle game, but my kids weren't interested and I wasn't interested in making two of them do something they weren't interested in! gymboree is actually great about this, they do their activites and you can participate or not and it's not looked down upon if your kid just wants to keep doing the slide over and over.






we did another egg hunt today and I was going to blog about that too, but now I'd rather sleep. So I'm off to bed now. Happy Easter in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. I am totally laughing at your comments on suddenly-decreasing picture quality, because I feel the same way about my pictures!! Good job for your kiddos on their easter egg hunts!! it looks like they did a good job finding eggs :)
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete