My birthday is coming up - hurrah! My parents gave me an early birthday present of a gardening thingy. yah, a thingy. I can't say I know much about gardening. really, these plants are likely to die, but I'm going to give it a good try, and see how it goes!
We planted lettuce (two kinds), peas (two plants worth because I've really liked eating jackie and dave's peas in the past), one bean (just because), mint, basil, and cilantro, a couple dahlias (because I bought some awhile ago at home depot and they're probably dead but I stuck a few bulbs in there just in case...), and a habanero pepper plant (for blake).
I was told not to try tomatoes because they're hard, but then I was told little cherry tomatoes weren't hard. So I also bought a tomato plant which got its own pot all to itself (and by "bought" I mean, my mom bought it for me). And then I took the rest of those dahlia bulbs from home depot, an extra cool dahlia bulb from brianne, and a bunch of gladiola bulbs that I also bought from home depot awhile ago, and stuck them in another pot. There's no way they all should have gone in the same pot but... they're probably mostly dead anyway, and it was that or stay hidden away in a cabinet like they have for the past month. so we'll see how that goes.
Here are a few pics of us putting it together.
Even if I just get to eat one pea or one tomato or make one salad from the lettuce, we're going to call it a success.
No comments:
Post a Comment