oh man, there's so much to blog. okay, mainly our trip to ashland. but if I have the time, that could be several posts w/ all that we did, so this post is just for two short but important things:
1) I had a follow up xray and appt w/ my surgeon today. He gave me the thumbs up for everything except scuba diving (which you never get to do after lung surgery so that was already out based on my other surgeries). so hurray! I took my last drugs in portland on the drive back, so I'm now off drugs and a nice way along the road to recovery. I still don't have full feeling in my arm because some nerve got sliced, but feeling is slowly returning and apparently that's usually slow, but the doc expects it to come back to 99% normal eventually, so I guess it's just patience there. if it doesn't hurt then I'm allowed to pick up the kids, and I can bathe and swim again as well. my stitches came out last week and they took the steri-strips off today. one of my wounds that they glued together still has glue on it, which is irritating simply because it melts and gets on my clothes, but the other is completely "unglued" and holding well. plus I can now see that my scars on those two aren't as big as I thought, they were just very generous with the glue, but underneath the incision itself isn't huge.
2) Kaylee is 23 months today! which is neat, but the real excitement is that next month they'll be 2 years! So save the date. I am woefully behind on invitations but I'm going to start designing tonight and then get them printed and eventually I'll send them out. but if you read this blog and aren't an internet freak-o, then you're invited to their party. save the date for August 11 (Ethan's actual bday), in the morning. their party won't be as cool as last year; I did see if the ice cream truck could come again just because I liked it so much, but alas, they were already booked all day. so we'll do other fun things. but for now, just save the date!
more posts to come as I get caught up on life again. :) happy 10th (ooh, I guess I missed 10 on 10, huh?) well, happy 10th to y'all anyways!
No comments:
Post a Comment