I'm home! Sorry for missing that update. Here's what you've missed:
- midnight Friday/Saturday: detached my tubes from suction. they were still attached to some little fluid-gunk-measuring machines, but those machines were no longer attached to the wall.
- 5am Saturday: x-ray (yes, that is the standard xray time. I had one at 5am almost every morning). It showed my lung was still up after 5 hours of no-suction - yay!
- sometime later that morning: they pulled my tubes and stitched me up. HURRAH!
- soon after: I had this one drug that was like an epidural, but it was hooked up to my back in a continuous stream plus I could give myself more if I wanted. it ran out. instead of refilling it, they said, your tubes are out, you should be fine, and pulled it. (I was fine, so that was good). now the only medical equipment in me was my IV line.
- about 5 hours after pulling the tubes, 1pm-ish, another xray to check if my lung was still up after pulling the tubes.
- waiting for the x ray to be read, waiting... waiting...
- 2pm-ish: it's good! time to take out the IV and get discharged!
- later that day: sleeping at home in my "lung chair" that my parents bought for me back in 2008 w/ my other lung surgeries. :)
Sunday
- sleeping at home
- I have not showered or bathed in a week, and I am not allowed to shower for a few more days (or bathe for a few more weeks) so I call and make an appt to get my hair cut, just so that they will wash my hair really well in one of those sinks. my mom takes me. we go for a very short, very small walk afterwards which totally wears me out.
- I come home and nap.
- Evan and Alyssa are having dinner w/ my parents that night before heading back to CA. We go over too because I can just nap there if I need to. It goes well and I stay awake the whole time!
Monday
- Blake stays home to watch the kids and me. I take a couple naps, and at one point try to go too long w/o pain meds and learn that that was a mistake. Sarah, from a mom's group at church that I'm a part of brings us food. Dylan, a kid I just finished tutoring (going to SCU next year!) comes to visit me and brings books and chocolate for me! Audria and her kiddos come over for a playdate which is super fun 'cuz I haven't seen her in awhile and my kids haven't seen other kids in awhile either. I get two deliveries of beautiful flowers from relatives. :)
- Overall, I feel much better on Monday than either blake or I was expecting me to. yay!
Tuesday
- Today! Blake's first day back at work. Charlotte comes over to watch the kids. Who's Charlotte you ask? Well, my brother darren (8 yrs younger) has a very good friend Thomas (1 yr younger than him), and Thomas has a sister Charlotte (just finished her soph yr of hs). They live in our neighborhood, so this is pretty darn awesome because she can walk over to our place. Thus far today, she has been GREAT w/ the kids, and let me take a nap once everyone was settled. I'm not allowed to pick the kids up (doc's orders) so she's done all that and fed them lunch and the whole deal. Later today someone else is bringing us food and Danielle's bringing us groceries (like milk and bananas) and then coming over to hang out for a bit before she heads off to Extreme Week w/ the high school youth group. There may be another nap in my future, or maybe not, we'll see, but overall, it's been a good day thus far!
That's the update thus far! Enjoy a few pictures of our dinner w/ Evan and Alyssa and one from K&E and Audria's kiddos B&C jumping on the beds yesterday!
 |
| uncle evan is so silly. my fav thing about this picture is that ethan is (appropriately) weirded out by getting his shirt/tummy nibbled, but kaylee is like, "my tummy? my tummy? please do me next!" |
 |
| yep, kaylee figured out she had a lot of people who were willing to throw her around if she just rotated who she asked. |
 |
| drum lessons from uncle evan |
 |
| ethan, kaylee, ben, and claire! |
thank you for the updates :) i am glad you are home and doing well (or at least better than expected) and getting lots of napping in.
ReplyDeleteYou may feel free to continue to post updates on a regular basis. :)
-Lisa
I like the drumming picture!
ReplyDelete