Looks like the plan is surgery tomorrow early afternoon, both talc and abrasion. it would seem that all the medical professionals think this is the best plan, so we're going with it. I haven't quite signed the consent papers yet, but I think that's likely to happen this afternoon and then we'll finally have a plan. I like plans. after surgery we expect me to be in the hospital for about 3 days, and then go home sometime over the weekend probably.
I was a little emotionally exhausted yesterday; worn down by the tedium of waiting and the unknown, but I'm feeling better today. physically I feel fine. my pain is less and less and my chest tube leash (that's attached to the wall) has been extended (they put another section of tubing in it to make it longer) so now I can make it as far as the bathroom in my room all by myself. this is actually pretty great, as it means I can get out of bed and brush my teeth, get out of bed to reach the laptop if it's been set on the counter, reach the dark chocolate covered pretzels (although not for long, I've eaten most of them now) etc, all without calling a nurse. the nurses are nice, but it's extra nice to just be able to do things for myself.
anyways, that's my update! thanks for your love, prayers, and support. and especially to those who have babysat for us - it's very appreciated!
Sending hugs and prayers your way :)
ReplyDelete~ Aunt Kate, Uncle Brian, Ryan, Tommy & Kristin