Wednesday, February 20, 2013

not napping

my children are not napping today. this is no good. it means I don't get anything done. no work, no cleaning, no to-do-list-checking-off. at the moment they're playing in the mural room / hallway and I feel that if I leave the office and walk past them their self-sufficient play will end. So... here's a random post of the things on my mind! (it occurs to me as I type this that I could remote into work and get a few things done now too, but that's not as fun so... I'll procrastinate on that, but blame it on my children. clever, eh?)

They didn't nap yesterday either, which resulted in melt-downs at night. When blake got home I told him I needed half-an-hour of kid-free time, which he okayed. then he came upstairs a bit later and said, "we're going outside." when I later looked for him in our front and back yards I discovered that really meant go for a walk. So I walked our usual walk route backwards and met up with them. The kids were in good moods by then, and Ethan fell asleep in the stroller on our way back, but blake told me the reason they went on a walk was because while they were finishing up dinner, kaylee decided to intentionally spill her milk on the floor and while she was making a further mess of the milk (splashing etc), ethan announced he had to go potty, which he did, but then did not put his undies back on, and was trying to scoot all over our white carpet on his not-wiped butt. Now, if that doesn't prove that blake loves me SO much, that he just took them on a walk by himself instead of interrupting my half-hour of kid-free time... well I don't know what does. that's true love.

speaking of love, the kids' favorite movie right now is the Lion King (perhaps because it's one of like 4 movies we own, and the only full-length movie they've ever seen). I am trying to teach them (okay, really just kaylee) the songs. Can You Feel the Love Tonight? Gonna Be a Mighty King... etc. It's going to be awesome. Especially if I can get them to do a little timon and pumba. I'm pretty sure my brothers and I can all recite at least 90% of that movie...

we did a triathlon the other day. we = blake and I, plus his cousin Elise and her friend. I got 15th place for women, and blake got 23rd for men. please, do not ask how many men and women competed, or I'd have to tell you 16 and 25. not quite like the good ol' days when brianne and I would get 2nd and 3rd for women in our age group (usually out of 3 or 4) and go home with trophies... but it was awesome. we didn't drown, or fall off our bikes (which I did manage to do at the last indoor triathlon I did so...) or get hit by a car on our run (it was at night, headlamps were required).

The supports under our island were installed today. that's the last of our "restoration" from the november flood. I signed the it's-all-done paperwork too, so we're really all done w/ that!

blake and kaylee got to go to a pajama party for kennedy's 2.5 year old party. ethan and I were a little under the weather, so we had to stay home which was a bummer, but check out this great picture our friend joelle took:
 
 
the kids are done self-entertaining now. I guess it's time to go make some cookies with them!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man. Sorry on the non-nappingness. That is terrible news. However, the picture truly is adorable. I totally thought she looked like you. I have now decided she looks like Blake but with your eyes. :)
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete