Where did we go? We started at my place showing each other things we'd found on the internet and checking out the "nursery" (read: this room. currently the office / guest bedroom / piano / work out room. a lot of stuff is going to have to go and the rest relocated). Then we headed to Merry Go Round and then to a late lunch at CPK (yum). Next it was off to the mall where we went to JC Penney which has essentially nothing baby oriented in-store, despite a decent online presence. We also checked out their dresses in case they had anything cheap I could wear to a wedding. I'll be 5/6 months preg for my coworker's wedding and will have just given birth for Jackie (and Dave)'s wedding. yikes. found a maybe dress, but didn't buy it. then we went to pottery barn kids where we found lots of cute stuff, including a crib called dana, but the $600-$820 price tag put a damper on that. it is just not that cute to have a crib w/ my name. seriously. after that we sat for a bit and then went to red mango where we established that really, we just don't like frozen yogurt nearly as much as ice cream. our last mall stop was a maternity store called bump where the lady was really helpful. they had nothing that would work dress-wise but she did tell me I'd look 6-7 months pregnant right after giving birth which is exactly the info I had been trying w/o luck to find. and she showed us how one wears a belly band and various maternity/nursing undergarments. I was tempted by the "due in august" shirt, but it wasn't as cute as the "due in july" shirt and I didn't look through the pile to see if there were other designs but... I might go back sometime :)
and then, our last stop - babiesRus. happy to see cheaper cribs there. the lady also told us about strollers, but I was on info overload at that point, especially since the summary was to buy a stroller online because, like I said, they only carry two twin strollers there. we also discovered that gliders are incredible (we sat in them at every store when I got tired), but that they are way more expensive than I would have thought ($700ish). I have the ultimate chair in my mind - let me know if you run across anything like it anywhere - it's a glider, w/ an ottoman, but w/ big arms. the arms are the tricky part, but I think if I could find it, it would be great to have big arms for nursing twins. I may not find it, but for now, that's my goal.
so, I came home and decided to focus on cribs and bedding. cribs becasue now i've seen a lot and have got a handle on what I want at what price point, and bedding... well mostly for fun. tricky not knowing if we're having girls, boys, or one of each, but still fun. so here's what I've found bedding-wise (our room is currently painted light green and we mostly plan to keep it that way):
this one is a favorite for theme (the sheets say 6...5... etc 1... blast off), but the black is just too dark for a nursery I think:
but this is my current favorite favorite:
in pink for a girl, blue for a boy, and if we had one of each, we'd get a few accessories in green.

so cute! I'm ready to buy it, but blake's going for the rational, let's wait approach. hrumph. ;) speaking of blake, today is 8 years since our first date. awwww... :D well no time for a nice closing, I have 5.5 hours of tutoring starting in 1 minute. it's finals week. later gators.


Ooh that is cute - keep looking you'll change your mind 4xs and come back to this one each time ;-) then you'll know you REALLY want this one. hehe
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through a comment you left on Jo's. :)
ReplyDeleteI found a great deal on our nursery furniture through JCPenney. They were having really good sales and saved several hundred on each piece that way. I've heard/read that Babies R Us cribs are not very good quality-wise, and like you, I was surprised at how expensive they are!