Monday, January 11, 2010

Songs

Tonight I had a lovely outing w/ some of the girls; we went to see the Princess and the Frog, complete w/ happy hour beforehand - I had them make me a non-alcoholic, non-carbonated cranberry mojito, it was great. anyways, none of that is the point. the point is that, as I was driving home listening to delilah (yah, yah, yah I listen to delilah), a caller called in (imagine that) and said that this dad had a song for his daughter (butterfly kisses) but needed one for his twin sons; could delilah pick one? she picked In My Father's Eyes. These songs are all wrong.

I hope Blake doesn't mind too much, but I've picked father-daughter and father-son songs for him already. My favorite father-daughter song is creatively named Father & Daughter by Paul Simon. My favorite father-son song is good ol' Danny's Song by Loggins & Messina. Ah... greatness. I'm going to make myself a Kenny Loggins Pandora station right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment