I have had a request for pictures on the blog. so here are a few I enjoyed when my mom sent them to me recently.
1) me as a baby! aren't I cute? (the answer might very well be no, but keep that to yourself!) mom and I were talking about various bedding options and how the vast majority of options are very gender specific which is somewhat tricky if we were to end up w/ a boy and a girl and want matching bedding (although I think the elephant pattern in the dif colors works for this). she was saying that my bedding was a nice gender neutral yellow and that she often dressed me in gender neutral clothes (as seen here in the red overalls). now, I happen to think I sorta look like a boy in this pic. but... who cares? I don't seem to have lasting scars. and if we have a girl and a boy, I think the ability to swap some clothing outranks random people in the grocery store knowing if my kid's a boy or a girl.2 & 3) mom pregnant with... you guessed it - ME!!! both these pics sorta freak me out because a) my mom is HUGE (these are 9 months) and b) I really do look like my mom. :) heidi if you happen to stumble across some pics of baby blake and pregnant you, I would love to see them!
but on to the captions. mom says:
but on to the captions. mom says:
In one picture I am singing the jingle from an old ad … “I’m Chiquita Banana and I’m here to say …”. I hate to admit it, but I actually wore that dress to school a few times toward the end of the year. (I told myself that math teachers are supposed to be weird looking! Hadn’t even met Mrs. Michaelis yet!)
In the other picture, it was so hot! The picture is in our backyard in San Mateo sometime in May. Those are the weeds that caught fire two months later when someone shot a bottle rocket that landed in our yard after the 4th of July. I thought being pregnant when it was hot was the most miserable thing … until I tried holding a (sweet) sweaty baby in my arms during the even hotter summer!well mom's here now. we're off to do a little more baby-stuff looking before my tutee comes (everyone else cancelled becuase they alwasy do the week after finals...)
So cute in your little red overalls! And those pictures of your mom are great! :) Lovin' the posts - send more! :) I'm going to do some bedding looking for you ... well because it sounds fun! hehe
ReplyDelete