yesterday was a little more exciting than we had planned. the plan, you see, was not very exciting (well, it was fun, but not "exciting"). the plan was church, lunch w/ friends, prego photo shoot in the afternoon, and relaxed evening. really, the day went like this:
wake up, my stomach is upset. an hour plus later still not feeling well. thinking through what I ate the day before, am I sick, etc? but nothing seems quite right. so blake googles it (technically he did bing it actually) and discovers that an upset tummy like mine (I'll spare you the details) can be a pre-labor sign. so we call the doc, they say come in. so about the time we should be heading into bellevue for church, we're heading into bellevue to hang out at overlake hospital.
we spent a little over three hours there and had to keep cancelling our plans, which was sad, but obviously not the end of the world. I was hooked up to three monitors - one for baby A, one for baby B, and one measuring contractions. both babies were happy, w/ happy movements and happy heartbeats, but I was having a lot of contractions. now let me tell you, these were the lamest contractions ever. as in 90% of them I couldn't feel and the ones I could feel were much smaller than ones I've felt in the past. but they were there none-the-less and they were frequent (every 5 mins-ish) so they were hoping to keep me there and see them decrease. that didn't happen, but neither did they intensify, so they sent me home on bed rest until my next appt which is on wednesday. they'll hook me up to monitors again on wednesday, measure my cervix (which is down to 1.something now) and the girl's position (she was at station -1 or -2 the doc said) and at that point they'll decide what to do. I believe the options are anywhere from "you're fine, go back to work" to "stay on bed rest and here's a drug to slow your labor." obviously I'm voting for the "you're fine" plan, but we'll just address each new thing as it comes to us. we're doing a lot of prep and that's about all we can do. :) tomorrow is 34 weeks though so I'm feeling good about checking off one more week very soon. then we'll be aiming for 3-4 weeks more but i'm feeling lucky that we've made it this far with only a little bed rest so I'm optimistic that we'll still make it to week 36 and maybe even farther!
Ohhh good for you for paying such careful attention! (Ignoring these things is how you wind up having a baby 3 weeks early after working all day). I hope the bed rest is temporary, but I am so glad you made it thus far and will pray they cook in there a little longer for you! Keep the updates coming!!
ReplyDelete-Lisa
Glad you're doing well. Let me know if you'd like some company tomorrow - we have swim lessons in Bellevue at 9am, if it's not raining we'll play in the park for a bit, and then we'll be free :)
ReplyDelete