Friday, July 30, 2010

names

okay, so many people seem interested in what we're naming these kiddos. fear not - you'll know soon. in the meantime, if you're just dying to know something, we'll give you some middle name info. you can call them by their middle names for the next 10 days (ah! 10 days!)

according to wikipedia, 1 in 3 american households own a scrabble set. we do not. why? because I am SO bad at it (and therefore do not like it!) but, although we do not like scrabble we do like games, so when a friend asked if we could give her the scrabble score of our names to guess from, I thought, "well that's sorta fun" :D

So, our girl's middle name has a scrabble score of 23. the boy's middle name will not get you as many points, its scrabble score is just 8. I promise you, you've heard of both of their middle names, and they're spelled normally.

now some of you are thinking, wait Dana, you've already told us the girl's middle name. and... that's true. no changes there. but hey, maybe some people will have forgotten, and this is a fun way to guess. so guess, guess, guess away. In a few days I'll let you know the answer :)

note: since I don't own a scrabble set, I relied on this photo here to tell me how much each letter was worth. it's a little hard to see, but I think I interpreted everything correctly! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Scrabble_tiles_en.jpg

1 comment:

  1. danielle and dave tie for the non-existent prize. I must say, they're good at brainstorming and at scrabble-counting because I would have been worn out way before they were. for those of you needing a little nudge, here's the list of names they tried (combined).
    Alvin
    Asher
    Brian
    Carlos
    Carson
    Carter
    Conner
    Craig
    Curtis
    Dave ;)
    Donald
    Erik
    Ethan
    Fred
    Gary
    George
    J
    Kurt
    Leroy
    Lewis
    Luke
    Marc
    Martin
    Milton
    Norman
    Pedro
    Robert
    Samuel
    Shane
    Steve
    Terry
    Tyler
    X

    ReplyDelete