Thursday, August 26, 2010
names
awhile ago, when everyone was guessing names, I hinted that one name had some significance. I think Darren was the only one who guessed Kaylee as his first choice girl's name and he felt the significance was because of the character Kaylee on the show Firefly that Blake and I (and several of our friends) used to watch. As some of you know, Blake wanted to name Kaylee "River" and River was also a character on that show, so I think Darren thought I compromised with blake and chose a different character from the same show. But the reason we actually chose the name Kaylee was for family reasons. I didn't want to give our kid a first name that was a family name, so that's why Elizabeth is her middle name (Elizabeth is my middle name, my mom's middle name, Blake's grandma's first name, and the name of my best friend from elementary school... thus the name that I decided long ago would be my daughter's middle name). But, that seemed a little Dana-family lopsided so we were looking for another name that would be a little more Pelton-esc. So that's where Kaylee came in - both Annemarie and Heidi's middle names are Lee. so Kaylee is named partially after them and spelled that way because of it. Ethan Tyler is well... just Ethan Tyler. We had a much harder time finding boy names that we liked at all, so when we finally found a combo that we liked we just went for it. gtg - one of my tutees is coming over to visit the babies - isn't that cute? but now you know the background behind the names!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
For Hallenbeck-family readers who are now thoroughly confused ... in fact, my middle name is Marie, but Elizabeth is the name I chose for Confirmation. I would say you could give it extra points because I chose it, and then gave it to Dana as well :-)
ReplyDelete