kaylee likes to be sneaky. She learned how to roll months ago, and then she decided rolling was uncool. lately however, she will roll, but she doesn't like to be seen rolling. I am semi-serious about this. every night for the last 2+ weeks, she has rolled over to sleep on her tummy. she'll roll over occasionally during the day too, but I have never seen it. never. she's on her back, I walk out of the room to fill a bottle, and I walk back and she's on her tummy.
it's been somewhat similar with crawling. we were encouraging her and trying to help her learn to crawl, but no success. then, maybe 3 weeks ago, when ethan was sick, I was sitting in the glider holding a sad, upset, crying Ethan and blake was helping by suctioning his nose or something, and suddenly Kaylee, who had been in the middle of the room, was crawling over to us! Blake was like, "hurray Kaylee! did you just see that, she was crawling!" But after that it was back to very short spurts - often we would see both arms move and then one leg move, but not the other before she flattened to her tummy. or both legs move, but no arms. she was trying, but she did not care to try too long before complaining. BUT, if we were out of the room, and there was nobody to complain to (or if I was spying on her and she couldn't see me) then it was slow progress, but she was moving!
last week my boss Renee made me some delicious banana cupcakes for my bday. one morning kaylee woke up before ethan and I gave her a bit. she was a big fan. so the next morning, I gave her another taste and then put a piece on the floor and she begrudgingly crawled to it! (let it be known that I just spell checked begrudgingly and I spelled it correctly pre-spellcheck. yes, I'm proud of that.) I'm also proud of kaylee! that was the first time I was able to get her to crawl for something - otherwise it was "yes mom, I want that, and I will lean toward it, rock back and forth in crawling position, but then I will just scream at you until you bring it to me." (and no, we don't always bring it to her).
this week, however, I think it's finally fair to say that Kaylee can crawl, and she's no longer embarrassed to do so :). this morning she even crawled from their room where they were hanging with blake, toward our room where I was pumping. she got distracted by a cord on the way and stopped to consider eating it before blake whisked her away, but I like to think she was originally headed for me. :) way to go little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment