Thursday, June 9, 2011

silence

so yesterday I was reading my friend lisa's blog, and she wrote about how silence is ominous. and I smiled to myself and thought, so true... and then, later on in the day, I encountered silence from my own little kiddos.

our dishwasher is currently broken, so the kitchen has been a mess. so I was in the kitchen, cleaning, and the kiddos were in the main room. at first they were playing together, but then kaylee wandered off. when I wasn't hearing them chatter anymore, I peered over the kitchen counter to see...

kaylee eating daddy's running shoe. at the time I found her, she was just working on the laces. considering how many trails and streets those shoes have been down, I'm hoping she started with the laces, and not the bottoms or something...

then I went over to investigate what ethan was up to and found him...

eating his diaper. it was still attached to one leg, so he was only able to access one end but...

sigh. silence is golden when they're napping, but ominous when they're awake...

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe... I love it!! It's cracking me up that he decided to EAT HIS DIAPER... that will be a good story for quite awhile :) Thanks for the shout-out!
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete