Friday, February 17, 2012

a trip to the park

it's raining right now. but for a bit there, we had some good weather, and we took the opportunity to visit some local parks as often as we could! I am really loving my new camera, but I haven't had much time to devote to learning it. Therefore, I'm pretty much just using auto mode. which is fine, except for when I think it's in auto and it's really not. Then I get a bunch of blurry pics. and when you're at the park with two kids and no other adults well... I just kept snapping blurry pics. but you can tell that the kids are having fun, and that's what's really important.

holding hands while walking from the car to the play structure.

yay! what a fun little slide, perfect for twin toddlers!

oh the swing. the swing is so much fun! and, we can still fit two of us in one baby swing!


ethan loves slides. he moved on from the toddler slide to the big kid slide. it didn't go quite as planned, but it did go slowly, so the backwards aspect wasn't a problem.

see? all better. he was going REALLY slow, using his uggs as brakes.

kaylee thought hte boucy horse thing was fun for a bit.

ethan moved on to the biggest/steepest slide. there are three slides at this park! what could be better?

up we go again...

and down we go again...

kaylee isn't quite as skilled at sliding...

but then again, neither is ethan! he returned to the steepest slide again and well... we left after this picture. there was a bit of crying upon impact - he went really fast that time! faster than either he or I expected!
overall though, a fun outing. we returned to that same park the next day and will go again as soon as the weather allows it. we're ready for spring!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Your park outing photos made me smile. Those kiddos are SOOOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did pretty good! I also wish it was warm enough for a park outing. Also, I think it's the hair, but Kaylee is looking very grown up in some of these. :)

    So, as for the blurry shots with fast moving children, I have discovered that I am sometimes doing better in manual mode than auto because sometimes it's like my camera does not psychicly KNOW that I want it to get the fast-moving kids in focus, not the background, or whatever. Does yours have the priority modes? If so, try the shutter priority and make sure the shutter speed is at least 1/100 if not more (and that there's decent light) and see if it helps. I am neutral on how much it helped me. But, it did somehow help me take better shots in full manual?? :)
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete