This morning blake and I went in to Group Health and had our 12 week appt. We're very excited that this appt happened because it was really only tentative - our doc was on call, and if any emergency happened, then we would have to reschedule. which I'm not sure how rescheduling would have worked since they're booked for the next 3 weeks and I'm just not that patient!
but, we called at 9:00 am, they said come in, and at 10:00 am there we were and she saw us right on time.
So... she got out a little doppler thing and ran it over my belly. at first all we heard was my stomach (apparently I have a loud, active stomach), then... a heartbeat. crazy. then she moved it around and a little while later, a second heartbeat. the doc grabbed an ultrasound machine and we got a visual look. yep, two of them in there. just as blake and I are beginning to understand the mess of gray fuzz, the bottom baby punched his/her sibling! it was like when you see a spider and it's all still and then suddenly it moves REALLY fast and you think "*!%!&$". we dubbed the bottom one the kicker because as long as we watched, it kept that up. kick, punch, squirm/wiggle, rest for a bit, and then start pounding on the sibling again. the top one however we called the napper because it was just ignoring its sibling. I was a little concerned that might not be good, but we could see its heart beating and the doc said that was normal. she said our bottom one was a little freaky, but hey, what was anybody expecting from blake and dana babies? :)
the doc also told us that bed rest was fairly likely in july, which is a bummer, but good to know. she suggested I take up knitting or something. (perhaps we could read a really long book for our book club in july! jk) other than that, no new news. our next appt is in 5 weeks (at 17 weeks) and then another one at 20 weeks. I'm pushing to see if we can identify the sexes of the babies at 17 weeks, but the doc seemed to be nicely telling me I would have to wait until 20 weeks. hrumph.
I am so, so excited that both babies are happy and healthy looking. and, I'm so so excited to be at 12 weeks and finally be able to tell everyone. seems like it's been an eternity and I'm not a fan of secrets so... to all who are new to my blog, welcome! It is so nice to be able to share this crazy time of life with you.
YAY!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on a great 12 week appointment!
I'm so excited for you, Dana. :) TWINS!!!