alrighty, so what's going on with the little guys this week? well...
- 3.5 inches each! that's almost as big as the short size of a regular #10 envelope! (okay, apparently #10 envelopes are 4.125 inches tall, but that's the closest thing on my desk of approx the right size) that's like, sorta big, and it's only a "crown to rump" measurement, not head to toe. (do I already sounds like a new mom? rounding up, and proclaiming the greatness of my little ones?)
- 1 ounce each! they're getting so big...
- most interesting fact: they have fingerprints, which apparently, are made when the baby movies his/her hands around in the amniotic fluid, which is why everyone's fingerprints are unique. never knew that.
- most optimistic thought: I might start to feel the babies this week! okay, many places say not until week 17 or 20 or other far-off-seeming dates, but one place (and that's all I need) said possibly as early as 14 weeks. So I'll let you know, but I just think that would be the absolute coolest! (remind me how cool it is later when I'm sick of it)
I'll hope for any day now - but I think the 14 week feeling it is more with your second child and you know what *the* feeling is. It's possible you will feel it now but you'll brush it off as gas ;-) Although with two and less room - I'd say your odds are incresed so quite possibly for you any MOMENT now.
ReplyDeleteI felt movement way earlier than my doctor thought I should, and I agree with Jo - maybe that will happen sooner for you since you have two little guys (or gals, or maybe one of each!) in there.
ReplyDeleteIt is absolutely the coolest feeling! I'm excited for you to feel it.