I love multiple-of-four weeks because then I get another one of these pictures (image courtesy of http://www.babycenter.com/). they're getting so big! At our 6 week ultrasound you could just see two sacks - you could barely see the babies and the sacks had plenty of room between them. At first glance at 12 weeks I thought the sacks had joined because they were pushing up against one another (but turns out there was a line between them which the doc said looked "very nice"). but there was still room for each baby in its sack. I'm thinking when we go in next week we'll see something more like above - where the babies are taking up most of the room in their little sacks. crazy.
So what are the stats this week?
- 4.5 inches, the size of an avocado
- 3.5 ounces
- I still haven't felt movement, but am hoping I will soon!
- the babies are working on their facial expressions; squinting, yawning, grimacing, etc
- skin is currently see-through, but as they fatten up it will become opaque.
- hearts are pumping 25 quarts of blood each day.
:D
AVOCADOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLets have guac to celebrate!
Oooh I'm with D! That sounds exciting :) Yay baby cados! Which brings me to Ava is a cute girl name :)
ReplyDelete