well, since y'all like pictures so much, here's another for you:

fun, huh? the story goes like this. you remember my headaches. and my shoulder-aches. well, a little over a week ago I started noticing that the pain was shifting from my shoulders to my back. I filed this away mentally, but didn't think too much of it. then my shoulder-aches were pretty much gone and the pain was just on the left side and just in my upper back (not the lower back that's supposed to be preg related) and I thought, oh dear, what if that's my left lung? but no other symptoms. on Friday I confessed my concerns to blake and he said, "I know, I can tell" which was a bummer because I was still going for denial. Then Saturday and Sunday the bubbles started which is clearly a lung sign for me. So on Monday I emailed Dr. Madsen, my pulmonologist (lung doc) and said, I don't want to do anything yet, just wanted to give you an update. She emailed back and said, "go to urgent care. I'm telling my staff to call all your numbers we have on file and make sure you go." poo.
that was around 4:30, so blake (who was feeling less sick and was going to meet me at work to go to merry go round and look at cribs) met me instead to go to urgent care. okay, actually we were bad. merry go round is RIGHT across the street from the hospital, so we swung in for 15 minutes first because I knew they'd be closed by the time we got out of "urgent" care.
I'll spare you the 2+ hour play by play but the summary was good. they called dr madsen and looked at my chart and took my stats. they decided to believe me that my lung was collapsed w/o taking any xrays and also believed me that it was small (if it were larger they could have heard it and if it were really bad my O2 stats would have dropped) so they just sent me home w/ a couple of hours worth of home oxygen and said that Apria (the O2 company) would set me up at home.
blake and I went home, had dinner, watched a movie, but by 10:00 no Apria. Whatever, we went to bed and called this morning. Apparently they came at 9:00 last night but must have just knocked and not rang the doorbell or called my cell so we didn't hear them. anyways, the guy did show up at around 2:30 today so now we're all set up.
that's the story! doc said I could keep yoga-ing and everything else and to just be on the oxygen and let them know how it goes (better, worse, same) and we'll go from there. it's all a big pain, but hey, it reinforces why we went this baby-making route and it reinforces that mom and I will drive to CA instead of fly.
and in the good-times category I did get to have both gorgonzola honey bites (pasteurized!!) and a brookie... and take a few brookies home... and yes, a brookie is a brownie with a cookie inside. in this case a choc chip sea-salt cookie. so really, life isn't all that bad. :)
oh dear
ReplyDeleteoh dear!
well, let us know if you need more brookies or more cookies. they can travel to you and your oxygen!
d
Oh dear! Goodness! Well let us know if you need anything - we are all germ free for 96+ hours and counting so we're healthy. Happy to stop by with anything yummy or delightful or just company :)
ReplyDeleteOh no! :(
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear you're back on oxygen. :( I would say that we would stop by to see how you're doing, but the result of our dr. appt. today was that M is a little congested with something and I'd hate if you caught it.