tomorrow is week 15. 3/8 of a full term pregnancy.
here's what the little ones are up to this week:
- almost 4 inches! (remember that envelope? it's a closer estimate now, or one website says that's the size of a kit-kat bar)
- almost 2 ounces. that would be almost doubled from last week. crazy crazy.
- another website mentions movement this week! last night as we were going to bed I felt something. I'm going to say it was likely not baby movement, but hey... it could have been!
- the babies have little necks. or, as one website says, "Baby's head is now resting on his well-formed neck instead of directly on his shoulders like Igor." good, good.
- eyebrows, eyelashes, and hair are beginning to grow this week
- the babies can sense light! blake doesn't believe this, but that's what one website says. their eyes are still sealed shut, but apparently they can sense light (just like when you were happily sleeping and then somebody turns the light I'm thinking). impressive that they can sense light through their eyelids and through all of me!
speaking of all of me, this morning's post-breakfast (and breakfast was a post-brand cereal in fact) weight is up 7.5 lbs from pre-pregnancy. I've made myself a nice excel spreadsheet (because I like things like that) with min and max weight gains proposed by a combination of books and websites and it shows that at 15 weeks I should be between 6.3 and 11.1 lbs gained (those are numbers for twins). so that's good and on-track.
as far as whether I'm showing, the answer is mostly yes to people who know me, no to people on the street / in the grocery store, etc. maternity pants are more comfy than regular jeans now, and in order to find a shirt long enough to cover the top of the maternity pants, I've been wearing maternity tops. but that's more of a length issue than a large-tummy issue.
so that's life this week! next doc appt is at 17 weeks, on march 19. I'm pretty sure we won't know gender until 20 weeks, but I'm mildly hopeful that we'll find out at 17 weeks!
Hey Dana- I just finished catching up on your blog. It's fun to compare notes between your pregnancy and Mimi's. What a difference an extra baby makes in the preparations! Sounds like your mom is getting into the grandma roll like I am. I bought a swing like you did at the White Elephant Sale, for when M&M bring baby Bartlett for a visit. I got a crib too! Bargain shopping is the only way to fly!! Glad to hear all is going well. Keep up the good work. Aunt Risa
ReplyDelete