Wednesday, June 30, 2010

32 weeks

yesterday was 32 weeks. 32 down, 4-6 to go (well, that's what I'm aiming for). tomorrow is July. which is crazy. 36 weeks puts us at July 27, and while I'm hoping these guys will make it until 37 weeks or until 8/9/10 (37 weeks and 6 days), 36 weeks is a realistic possibility and we're about to enter the same month that 36 weeks is in. how crazy.

we had another class at overlake last night. it was an improvement over the last class, but still not amazing. the good parts were that we got to take a tour of the laboring room, not the operating room where we'll deliver, but we did get to see the mom and baby room for post delivery and we also saw the NICU. if they're born before 35 weeks they get an automatic minimum 24 hours in the NICU, if they're born in the 35-37 range they'll prob be in the NICU for 6 hours. the NICU was interesting in that they're mid-upgrades. so the NICU we toured was empty and if we deliver before "the end of July" then we'll be in the temporary NICU, not in the one we toured. So, we'll just see what happens. we did get a handout (one whole page) this time, but as I'm scanning it, there was pretty much nothing else fascinating. blah blah blah security system your baby won't get stolen, blah blah... this business about gestational age that I don't buy... tell visitors not to come until after 10am (like any of you were going to wake up that early anyways)... we did learn one funny fact that preemie babies often don't have cartilage in their ears yet. so they're all flat to their heads and you have to sorta peal them away. and that's pretty much it.

whelp, I'm off to meet Mom at InSpa to get a free mom-to-be massage. She gets one free service for a friend a year and it's about to expire so guess who gets to use it? yes. my life is a hardship I tell you. plus, Blake gave me a mom-to-be massage gift certificate for mothers' day and annemarie gave me one for my birthday, so... I am just... relaxed. ah...

2 comments:

  1. Oh do not withhold the power newborn babes have on time. Your parents, Blake's... they'll be beatin' down the doors if those babies come in the middle of the night. We held off till 8:30am before calling Rich and Anne to come to the hospital to meet Aiden... we figured any longer and they'd die ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inquiring minds (like mine!) want to know what the business with gestational age that you don't buy is. Since my baby was 3 weeks early, I am curious. :)
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete