Wednesday, June 23, 2010

class & doc appt

We went to our first childbirth class (the one for multiples) at Overlake on Tuesday. In summary, if you know anyone who's having twins, tell them to go the UW classes. we learned a few comfort techniques / yoga poses (all the yoga poses I already knew though) but everything else was a repeat and it was just less information oriented and more... wishy washy. no slides, no handouts, no table to take notes on if you wanted to. more warm and fuzzy isn't this crazy you're all having twins. so... eh. we would prob not go back had we not already paid for the whole series. but we have, so we'll just see if it improves!

doc appt today went well. we saw dr aryal again (my favorite) and we asked a lot of questions. she says since both babies are vertex we can try for a vaginal birth. the difference in weight btwn the two babies is going to be watched, but she says the girl is right on track, so there's no concern for her health, just that if she stays baby A (which the ultrasound tech said she was really far down so we think she will stay baby A and dr aryal said just feeling the babies and based on where their heartbeats were she didn't feel they'd swap)... anyways, if she stays baby A and if the boy continues to be much larger, then they might suggest a c-section because they don't want her to be delivered and then for him to get stuck on his way out. she also said I have a cervix of steel, which is good at this point, but I do hope it softens up when it's time to deliver! she also said I'm measuring tummy-size-wise at 40 weeks for a singleton even though I've only gained 1 lb in the past two weeks. makes sense I guess since i have over 8lbs of baby in me! she also said I prob have another 10 or so lbs to gain if I make it full term. oh man! that's about it! she told me to come back at 33 weeks (2 weeks from now), 35 weeks, 36 weeks, 37... but, for the time being, I get to keep working, so that's nice!
mkay, time for bed! goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment