Monday, June 7, 2010

doc appt

I saw Dr. Fure this morning and here's what I learned...
  1. apparently all along I've been two days behind on my counts. So really I get to 29 weeks tomorrow instead of Thursday. weird, but okay!
  2. Group Health's practises are the same as at the UW (where we took those two classes). If the girl stays breech, we're automatically talking c-section. That's a bummer in that I thought I would get a chance to try a regular birth, but I suppose it's good that everyone agrees that's how it will go.
  3. He (Dr. Fure) also agrees that the girl may turn herself back to vertex in the next couple weeks. After 30/32 weeks it's getting a lot less likely that she'll turn herself, but of course anything is possible.
  4. It is too dangerous to try and turn a twin now (or ever). I thought well, maybe it's too tight later, but maybe they could turn her now? But apparently there's too many things that might get caught, so they never turn twin A.
  5. I have moved into appts-every-two-weeks territory. Soon (32ish weeks) I'll move into every week, with FNSTs (fetal non-stress tests).
  6. Up until 37 weeks we just wait and see if my body goes into labor. I think if it does, and the girl is still breech, then they take me to the operating room and voila - babies. :D If I don't go into labor by 37 weeks, then they schedule me a planned c-section for sometime that week. Roughly, this means either labor starts on its own in July, or we schedule a date for early August. At my awesome shower yesterday it was pointed out to me that if hte babies are born on August 9, that would make their birthday 8/9/10. which is pretty darn cool...
  7. my belly is measuring at about 38 weeks for a singleton.
  8. Sleeping is getting much harder, so I asked if i could sleep in a chair or if that counted as sleeping on my back (which is not allowed) and turns out I can sleep in a chair.

okay, back to work for now. Unless something goes crazy I'll be working for at least another 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment